Tuesday, October 6, 2015

My Mad Fat Diary: Interesting Transition




I chose this clip from a TV show that I got hooked on while I was in England. It's called My Mad Fat Diary and there is actually two types of transitions that I found interesting. The first is the zoom out from the bathroom stall and this is interesting to me because we see Rea leaving the stall but the camera doesn't follow her. To set some context, her friend Tixy she met in hospital and they used to meet in the bathroom to talk, she finds out that Tixy relapsed and may not make it out and she went to the bathroom to process. 

 The second type of transition is at the end of the clip when everything freezes and we then see a check list that Tixy's name get crossed out. Right after this it goes to a scene in her house where Rea is talking to her mum. This I thought was cool because it was a look insider her head while she is processing the news.

4 comments:

  1. I love the black background of your blog! It is very easy for me to read.

    However, I wanted to say I love how you talk about another show from a different country. You also show very transition when are inside the actors head.

    Great Job, Lauren!

    Onika Lowe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this show? It looks amazing! You provide a good example of an interesting transition, as well as commentary on the show's visual style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show is called My Mad Fat Diary and you can find every episode on YouTube. I got hooked while I was in England!
      -Lauren

      Delete
  3. I just might have to look into this show now - it looks quite interesting.
    It's really cool how they made that list into a transition even when its still showing the previous scene in the background.
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete